Well, what a wet day. Rained so much that it was definitely not a day to venture out.
All that could be done was go out every now and then and check the drainage. My back yard is sodden and with ankle deep water in patches and mud oozing between the toes.
So I sent the day on the computer doing some tasks.
One task needing attention was the submission to Noosa Shire Council regarding its Draft Noosa Bushland Reserves Strategic Plan 2021 – 2026. From a bushwalking perspective, I commended the council on it retention of its land, but also needs to consider putting in more trails to relieve the pressure of the current trails, and to consider linking trails between its neighbouring councils.
I also offered club members to provide voluntary work where needed in maintenance and reporting on the use of trails. So we will wait to see what the council’s response is.
I did some more work on the my project and its business case. The business case template I was using was too much out of the context of the organisation that I went looking for another. I have now found it, so now to transfer information from the old to the new one and compile the new information.
With notification of an organisation, of which my organisation is a member, increasing its membership fees, I now have to write an options paper to discuss increasing our fees to pay this extra membership fee increase.
So to update my tasks.
- Set up account with Australia Post for Bushwalking Queensland to get emails when mail arrived at the PO Box.
- Update my blog
- Continue writing project business case
- Book Easter
- Check Ranger application after 24/03/2021
- Presidents report for 2019 AGM
- Agenda for BWQ meeting
- Agenda for club AGM.
- Provide submission to Ipswich City Council with regard to their Draft Natural Environment Policy https://shapeyouripswich.com.au/draft-natural-environment-policy
- Provide a submission to Noosa Shire Council with regard to their Draft Bushland Reserve Strategic Management Plans draft-bushland-reserve-strategic-management-plan-2021-2026
- Provide a submission to Noosa Shire Council with regard to their Draft Walking and Cycling Strategy
Numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 10 have been attended to but no result.
Number 4 will be attended to when I can transfer money to the camp.
Numbers 6, 7, 8 have been attended to with more work to be done.
Number 9 is compete as per above.
So that was my day and I went to bed early.