A good year – 2018 – day 247

Return to Eating Day 3

BP:  121/67

Pulse: 59

Weight: 92.1

Blood glucose:

  • Pre-breakfast: 3.8
  • Post-breakfast: 4.2
  • Pre-lunch: 3.8
  • Post-lunch: 4.1
  • Pre-dinner: 3.8
  • Post-dinner: 4.9

Woke early after a bit of tossing and turning. Must be repercussions of the beetroot in the juice I had for dinner last night. Anyway it was time to get up to get ready for the walk to the station. Checked outside and it was drizzling! Oh well back to be for an hour and get the bus later!

Woke later and had my juice, and then once ready walked down to the bus stop. The weather looked bleak, so I hoped to get to work dry. The bus arrives a tad early, but hey in weather like this, who really cares. All us regulars were there.

The bus arrived at Rothwell Station to get the earlier train which got me in to work, about the same time as if I had walked anyway. Sweet!!  At work, caught up on tidying things up like databases and the like. Then I went to training for the Emergency Control Organisation. Being inspection warden for the first time, gave me a chance to brush up on this. I have been a part of the work Emergency Control Organisation for about fifteen years, and have held many positions, including floor warden. I am also a stand-by first aid officer.

After training it was back to my desk for more work, and then at lunch, went out for a walk and to eat (yes, EAT!!) a salad of lettuce, spring onion, tomato, avocado, and walnuts, with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  Yum yum!!

While at lunch in the City Botanic Gardens, an RSPCA animal ambulance was there, and the two guys returned with an injured ibis and an abandoned chick. While watching them a noisy miner landed at our feet and was hopping on the right foot, with the left one tucked up. We advised the RSPCA guys and they came out with their net, but the bird was too fast for them.  It eventually flew up into trees so they said it couldn’t be in too much stress.

After lunch, it was back to work and continue on.

After work, I had received a number of phone calls during the day, so dealt with them , and also remembered to book the car in for its Takata Air Bag recall. After this made my way home, to get prepared for the Bushwalking Australia teleconference.

Arrived home and put together a juice of tomato, onion, apple, and basil, and prepared for the meeting.

At 8.00am dialled in and then proceeded with the meeting. The meeting went well, and it got thinking of my own future.

Have I taken on too much. Would I be made to feel the worst in the world if I pulled out of some of my commitments? Would the care of my family suffer because I would have more time with them, or would I just concentrate my energies elsewhere? I still also have unfinished business which I can’t complete until the workload is cut down. Maybe, I should retire later this year to give me more time.

A lot to consider, and I pray that a good outcome will happen.

Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. – Philippians 2:1-4

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s